Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wishing My Life Away



Here's the skinny.

Broken Light
's second edition will be released when I'm ready. Jeez, how much more obscure can I be? The reason, though, for the second edition is due to distribution. I can't list the book on sites without an ISBN. The cut size on it currently doesn't allow for an ISBN. Don't ask me why this is. I have no idea. And I agree, it's stupid. It won't take me long to get Broken Light reformatted it's making room in my head to do so that's holding me up.

Which brings me to what I'm currently working on. I know a lot of you want to know what's going to happen next in The Vernore Gene and I'm trying to fix all the confusion I've started in my head. I'm sorry for this. I didn't plan it well and now I'm kicking myself for it. The other reason for not working on it as much as I should be is because I have another story in my head. This one could end up being a trilogy too. Mostly because it's so long. I've got it completely outlined and have almost what I call Book 1 complete as my mind creates scenes and complications for my main characters later on in what could be Books 2 and 3. More to come on that later.

I also have my collaboration on ghostwriting a memoir. I have ideas planned out for it, a lot of research to do, and feedback to get from the woman who asked me to do this. The hardest part is figuring out the point of view (POV) and making sure I don't offend anyone in the family for the way I think they should be portrayed. The woman lived an amazing life and I don't want to ruin it with too much fiction for the parts I don't know about. Maybe those parts aren't as important as I want them to be.

On another note, I do more than just write 24 hours a day. Although, I'd like to do just that. Only problem is the hand cramps. Anyway, I also have my sister's wedding invitations to finish up within the next month in a half. In case you didn't read the About Me profile in the sidebar, I majored in Fine Art and therefore like hands-on arts and crafts. I sculpt a lot too and try to cut back on the video games. Writing fills up most of my time at home and I should thank my husband more often for taking care of our two dogs and making dinner so often. Thank you, elephant!

So instead of giving into the demand of the sequel to The Vernore Gene I am doing tens of thousands of other things in my head. (And I just came up with a possible story this morning by mistake. I had intended to give my mind a rest. Shh!)

I also haven't forgotten about The Lyon's Key and the work that still requires. No rush though. I also like to make Playlist's for my books. I'm working on one that's helping me to write the current new trilogy and one for Broken Light. All this thinking is making me want my vacation in July to come faster than it is. I know, I know. Don't wish my life away.

No comments:

Post a Comment