Saturday, May 15, 2010

Too Hard On Myself

I've decided to be a little more serious about my life as a writer. I don't know where I'm heading and I'm so afraid of rejection right now that I use the copout of being my own boss and not having to answer to publishers as my reason for self-publishing. The reality is that I just don't know what I'm doing. I write to write and I like my train of thought and how the people I've created live out their lives. Of course, this kinda makes me like God because I decide who lives and dies, where they go and what they say. (That's enough narcissism.)

I keep telling myself that I should join a critique group and submit my manuscripts to publishers or find an agent. I wish I had someone to do all that on my behalf. I feel quite insignificant when I look at the success of other writers. I know what my problem is. I was born in the wrong time period. This is the age of instant gratification and I want answers now. I want hard work done and over with so I can be awesome now and not later. I don't write for money and I hate the prices that are associated with POD's but at least I can say that only I have rights to my work.

Now that I've made myself all depressed over my lack of research and hard work, I'll go write because that makes me feel better.

P.S. I wanted to discuss Fans on facebook and giving away free copies of Broken Light. Guess I'll do it later...

No comments:

Post a Comment