Monday, June 21, 2010

A Facebook Tease

On Facebook, I promised a teaser for my new trilogy that I'm calling my SL Project. As soon as I've written more and things are a little more concrete, I will give more specifics. Now, when I promised a teaser, I want to clarify that it's not a synopsis teaser, because that would be an oxymoron, in my opinion. It's a personality teaser into my three main characters. First let me tell you that the trilogy is about a love triangle. In book 1, the girl falls in love with Elliott (whom I've mentioned in past posts). I have found a song that interprets his personality and how he views love. (Please note that love is never said -- it's implied).

Book 2 revolves around my main girl (yes, I'm withholding valuable information here) and how lonely and neglected she feels by Elliott. Enter Sabastian (he's introduced in book 1). I have a song outlining how he feels about The Girl also.

And that brings us to "The Love Triangle". I have to say that I'm glad I've never personally had this problem. As the author, I'm having the hardest time choosing between the two guys. I'm not sure that I could choose if this were my real life... although, I'm basing one character heavily after my husband, but not entirely, so I may be a little biased. :/

I'm having a little trouble summarizing The Girl in a song. I don't write songs and I can't sing so I have millions of musicians to sift through. By the time I summarize her personality and outlook on love, I may be done with the trilogy. And once that happens... perhaps I'll give some written teasers from the books.

Please note: None of the pictures in these videos have swayed the way the book is written. If you read it and see a coincidence, it is just that -- coincidence.

Elliott Book 1.
Song: Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol



Sabastian Book 2.
Song: Hello by Lionel Richie

No comments:

Post a Comment