Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A New Way to Site My Work

My old website has been... well, to be polite about it, A JERK! I decided that I can get the word out about my books just as easily with a blog (seeing how this is the new trend.) Since I'm broke, I can't just easily throw money around on a webhost or sitebuilder so I figure I might as well talk about what's going on in this head of mine. If you're curious about the old stuff or want to see what I don't have set up here on this Blog then, by all means, please feel free to check out the link under the title of this first entry.

Now, on to my first book, The Vernore Gene. It's been getting some good reviews on Goodreads.com (one of my favorite sites) and with time I'll have more and who knows, perhaps a well known author will want to read it and I'll be thrilled! As for the pitfalls of self-publishing this book, I am still very unhappy about the price I've had to deal with. Again, another reason for going to my "old" website and buying from there which is cheaper than Amazon.com or Lulu.com. A plus is that the Ebook is a great price.

For those of you who have read it or follow my fansite on Facebook (third reason for checking out my "old" website), you will know that I am working on the sequel but I've finished another unrelated book called, The Lyon's Key. Working on that is harder than expected. Talk about a part-time which doesn't pay with more than fun-times and good intentions.

And lastly, I've written a children's book which I'm calling Friendship Cheese and my illustrator/husband is drawing the pictures. I don't want to give away too much, but it's cute and in my opinion teaches kids a valuable lesson about making friends.

Thanks for looking at my new attempt at information trafficking and hopefully a better investment of my time than my "old" website.

No comments:

Post a Comment